French American Exchange
French American Exchange Student Program
For the past 3 years, Xavier families welcomed French exchange student into their homes for two weeks in February. The exchange brought about a new context for our students, in which they had a chance to be 'students with and for others'. The experience has opened up our Xavier students' horizon, giving them an opportunity to look at the world well beyond the confines of our small valley, and identify with teenagers from a different culture. In turn, some of our students have had an opportunity to travel to France this summer and stay with their French exchange student. The success of this first exchange experience is a true testament to the openness and generosity of our Xavier community. We are so excited to continue with this program this year.
We are partnering with the French American Cultural Exchange Program (FACEP) which is sponsored by the French Department of Education, to provide students with a true immersion and cultural exchange experience. It can work two ways, see the details below:
- Host a French Student for two weeks in February
- Provide Room, Board and Transportation
- Participate in a Parent Committee
- No Cost Associated with this program
The French students will be accompanied by their French teacher and will go to school daily with our students and participate in field trips, socials, and excursions.
- Host a French Student (February /March) and go to France with the same student in June.
- Two Week Immersion Program in, France (June 7, 2020 to June 22, 2020) Approximate Cost $2,710
- Deposit of $300 is due at the time of application and it counts toward the overall cost of the program.
France Only Program
- Xavier students cannot host but would like to travel to France in June
For more details visit the FACEP website: www.facep.org
For mor information, contact Madame Sylvie Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 760-601-3900 x 6205