There are many reasons why Xavier is an outstanding option.
- Xavier combines the benefits of a smaller private school with the advantages of a larger public school. Xavier's small class sizes enable teachers to know each of their students and address their individual needs in the Jesuit tradition of cura personalis ("care of the whole person"). However, Xavier is also large enough for students to participate in dozens of clubs, sports, and school-sponsored activities. Students can nourish their gifts in a dynamic, exciting environment that prepares them for the world's best colleges.
- A Xavier education allows students to critically evaluate themselves and their world. Xavier gives students the freedom to question, to wonder, and to seek the truth about the human person and society. Here at Xavier, we don't stop at the question of "How?" We want to ask "why?" and "what for?" We want to students to think critically in all areas of their education, to be innovative and not inevitable.
- Xavier invites students to connect their book learning with deeper inquiry into God and the spiritual life. Xavier's Catholic, Jesuit tradition empowers students to evaluate how God and religious faith will shape their life and the lives of others, and to see how the Gospel calls us to seek justice for the poor and the oppressed.
- The best schools in the country value a Xavier education. Xavier prepares its students for further academic excellence, Xavier graduates are currently at some of the top schools in the country, including:
Johns Hopkins University
United States Air Force Academy
University of Southern California
Loyola University Chicago
Santa Clara University
Saint Louis University
Loyola Marymount University
- Xavier's graduating class of 2018 consisted of 133 graduates who were accepted to 150 different institutions from the United States, Canada and Europe. Additionally, the class of 2018 received over $9.5 million in merit-based scholarship awards, this on top of whatever money was received for the family's financial need.
Approximately 49% of Xavier's student body is receiving some amount of financial aid. If a student is admitted to Xavier, Xavier will send an acceptance letter along with an enrollment packet. The enrollment packet will explain how to apply for tuition assistance.
For any questions about tuition assistance and about financial planning for Xavier, contact Xavier's Business Director Fadi Germanos at 760-601-3900, ext. 6129 or at email@example.com.
Our Admissions page shows the dates and information when we have Open Houses. You can also contact our Admissions Office directly.
As a Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory, Xavier hopes to graduate students who are excellent in all areas consistent with the Graduate at Graduation.
Xavier students come from all areas of the Coachella Valley, including as far west as Banning and Beaumont, and as far east as Duroville and Thermal. The class of 2017 represents 14 different feeder schools from all socioeconomic and religious backgrounds.
The top 5 feeder schools are:
- Sacred Heart School
- John Glenn Middle School
- Palm Desert Charter Middle School
- Palm Valley School
- Col. Mitchell Paige
Absolutely. Xavier welcomes transfer students into its freshman, sophomore, and junior classes (senior transfers are allowed on an extremely limited basis depending upon unique circumstances). If interested in transferring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760-601-3900, ext. 6255.