Vision: is to create a place where all students are accepted for who they are and can continue to grow as individuals while contributing to the overall growth of their school community.
Mission: The mission of the Houses is to further the mission of Xavier College Prep by committing to the development of the whole student (cura personalis), ensuring that all students have a place among his/her peers, enabling them to build strong personal, spiritual, and collegial relationships, reinforcing Xavier’s sense of community, and forming its conscientious leaders. Goals:
The House System interweaves all aspects of live at Xavier College Prep by setting the following goals:
- Leadership – to build strong leaders who lead by example and to give a strong voice to each of the four classes within the House communities.
- Academic Achievement – to promote academic achievement and advancement while providing support for all students ensuring that they perform at their optimal level under the guidance of an academic mentor.
- Spirituality – to support and nurture the spiritual and religious formation of all students within a smaller and more intimate group.
- Community Outreach – to build relationships with more people in the greater community so as to be able to extend even further our arms of service.
- Spirit – to build House spirit and identity through engaging students in fun and unifying activities and in intramural sports.
All students, faculty and staff are placed in one of 6 houses. Each house has a President, a Vice President and 2 Deputies. This allows 24 students to be a part of the Student Leadership Community at Xavier.